Steam error code -118 will be triggered when your internet is slow or when it doesn’t work properly. As the issue is related to the internet issues restarting the router and the few troubleshooting methods will help you to fix the error steam error code -118 or steam error code: -118.
Steam is one of the most popular games due to its user-friendly interface and a wide variety of games available on steam. People can spend hours of their time on the game and can easily purchase their favorite games. Without using too much of the memory, it provided plenty of th games.
Though it is a popular game it might also across a technical problem and bugs and encounter the issues steam error code: -118. So this article we will resolve the issues by performing the given troubleshooting methods that are listed below.
How to Fix the Steam Error Code -118?
If you are encountering the issue steam error code -118 or error code: -118 steam, when steam error code 118 failed to load web page then follow the given below that we are list below one by one and perform them in order so that one troubleshooting may help to fix the issue error code: -118 steam.
Check Your Internet Connection
This is the basic option that helps you to fix the error code: -118 steam or steam error code -118. To eliminate the steam error code 118 failed to load web page, you need to check your internet connection as it might sometimes encounter the error steam error code 118 failed to load web page or steam error code -118. But many of the users are neglect this troubleshooting as it and directly performing the other techniques to fix the issue. TO do so follow the given steps to do so.
- First, you need to check if the internet connection is connected to the system.
- Check if your network is active and is working properly.
- Restart your Router.
Restart your router. (To restart your Router then follow the given below steps to do so.)
- Unplug the router from the power supply.
- Wait for a few seconds about 30 secs.
- Then again plug the router into the socket for the power supply.
After restarting the router check if the issue steam error code -118 or steam error code 118 failed to load web page is resolved by launching the steam. This method doesn’t help you to resolve the issue then perform the next troubleshooting to resolve the issue, even the same arises with the other errors like steam error code 105 and many more.
Allow the steam to run through the Firewall
The major cause is when the steam client is blocked by the windows firewall from the communication that encounters the error steam error code -118 or steam error code 118 failed to load web page. To fix the issue to the allowed list of the windows firewall you need to add you have to add the steam manually.
If you would like to allow the team to run through the firewall then listed below are the important points that are required. You need to add the steam into the third-party antivirus if you are using it. Follow the given below, steps to do so.
- On the task manager click on the search icon and type the Control panel and double click on it to open.
- IN the control panel, now change the view to the category and then click on the System and Security.
- Now, on the Windows Defender Firewall or Windows Firewall right-click on it.
- Then on the top-left, click on the “Allow an app or feature through the windows defender firewall” link.
- At the bottom you will find the button named “Allow another app”, then click on it and browse the launcher file of the game.
- Once you have done, you need to browse the launcher file and then make sure to checkmark the on the private and the public check box and then save the changes.
- Once everything is done then try running the game and check if the error is resolved or not.
Uninstall the Recently Installed Program
If have any program recently and from then you are getting the error steam error code -118 or error code -118 steam. If you found this is the reason then you need to install the game as there might be the possibility of fixing the issue error code: -118 steam or steam error code 118 failed to load web page as their might be the possibility of that the program might be interfering with the steam client process. Then follow the given below to uninstall the program.
- On the Taskbar, bat click on the search icon.
- Now, input the Control panel in the text box.
- The Control panel, and head to the programs.
- The list of the program will be listed there.
- Then select the program that you have recently installed and right-click on it.
- Now select uninstall option and click on it to uninstall the program.
- Once you found that the program is uninstalled. Then restart the steam and check if the issue steam error code 118 failed to load a web page is resolved or not.
If this doesn’t resolve the issue error code: -118 steam or steam error code -118, then go for the next troubleshooting method to resolve the issue steam error code 118 failed to load web page.
Check if your Computer is Infected By the Virus
Even after performing the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods, you encounter the error steam error code 118 failed to load web page or steam error code -118, then this is the reason, that your computer might have been infected by any malware.
If this is the case then you should have to scan the computer for any hidden virus on our computer with the third-party anti-virus program. After scanning the computer and check if the issue steam error code -118 or error code: -118 steam is resolved or not.
Other Similar Articles on Errors:
- Http Error 503. The Service is Unavailable
- Ps4 error code ce-34878-0
- What does sim not provisioned mm#2 mean
The issue steam error code 118 failed to load web page, which could prevent the user from running the steam. Therefore the mentioned troubleshooting methods will help you to resolve the issue steam error code -118 or error code -118 steam, for more information visit our GudTechTricks website. If you have any doubt feel free to text us in the comment section and stay tuned for more updates.