WhatsApp has surprised its entire audience with an option that improves the privacy of chats. It is an alternative that allows the text messages that we send within the application to be automatically deleted for both the users who send and those who receive the message. Despite the fact that it has been in the app itself for a few months, there are still some users who are unaware of this function. Here we will tell you what it is about. Do you dare to know what it is about?
Before starting, you should know that the only method to activate it is natively and there will be no need for you to download any third-party application. Likewise, it will not matter if you are an Apple or Android user, as the trick works perfectly on both operating systems.
YOU CAN SEE: WhatsApp: how to hear a buzz from Windows Live Messenger when you receive a message?
Steps to activate the messages that disappear in WhatsApp
- Open WhatsApp on your mobile or computer.
- Enter the conversation in which you want to activate these temporary messages.
- Tap on the chat name at the top.
- Scroll down and open the ‘Temporary messages’ section.
- After having read the notice with all the information, tap on ‘Continue’.
- Click on ‘Activated’.
- This is an option that can also be used in groups, although the administrator will be the only one who can activate the function.
Steps to send photos that disappear on WhatsApp
- Open in WhatsApp and enter the chat in which you want to share the content.
- Tap on the camera icon in the bottom right corner.
- Select the photo or video you want to share from the gallery.
- Tap on the circular button with a ‘1’ in the middle, which appears in the lower right corner, next to the send button.
- When that button with the number ‘1’ appears in green, you will have already activated the ‘self-destruct’ of the photo. You just have to send it so that the receiver can see it.
Once you activate this trick, keep in mind that the files you have received will not be automatically deleted from your smartphone, since the function only works within WhatsApp.
Why have smartphones eliminated the little hole where hearing aids used to go?
According to the Android4ll website, this new trend of smartphones without a mini jack paves the way for further changes in the field of mobile equipment, but the main reasons for this radical change are the following:
- More resistant phone: manufacturers are looking for more and more resistant mobiles, so they have considered that possible weak points should be eliminated and the audio jack is a sensitive area where liquid can enter.
- Better design: the elimination of the audio jack plays in favor of a better design in smartphones and the integration of other hardware elements that leave the space of the entrance.
- Marketing strategy: After the removal of the headphone jack, mobile manufacturers have also chosen to stop including wired headphones in the box of their devices. This is a clear marketing strategy to boost the sale of its wireless earphones like the Airpods at Apple and the Galaxy Buds at Samsung.
Why don’t Android phones have internal FM radio anymore?
Nowadays it is rare to see an Android phone with FM radio. Although there are entry-level devices that have this feature, high-end mobiles from brands such as Samsung and Apple have chosen to remove it completely. Why this decision of the manufacturers? We tell you in the next note.
In early smartphones, the radio chip was unlocked by default, so users could listen to music and news without spending data on their phone. Currently, this item is unlocked on most smartphones.
How to turn your smartphone into a metal detector? Here we show it to you
A big surprise came to Android users, after discovering that most smartphones that work with the operating system developed by Google have an option that allows them to detect metals, however, it is disabled.
According to andro4all, a portal specialized in technology, all Android smartphones come with a magnetometer, that is, a sensor capable of detecting and measuring electromagnetic fields. Thanks to this, your phone can become a metal detector.