How to Fix Windows 10 unmountable boot volume Error
You can follow any of the methods below to fix the unmountable boot volume windows 10. Complete the steps carefully to get the better results of fixing the errors for windows unmountable boot volume, also when you are doing this process you need to show hidden files windows 10 or windows 8 os which you are using.
Fixing the unmountable boot volume Errors
Check Disk – Chkdsk
- First start your pc using a windows 10 dvd or a usb or using the media creation tool.
- Once you start the device with a dvd or Usb, select Repair your computer option in the left corner.
- Select the Command Prompt
- In the command prompt, type chkdsk /r c:
- Press enter.
- In case if your bootable drive is a letter other than “C” then replace “C:” with the drive letter that you use.
- Select yes “Y” on the dialogue box appeared to check the disk as it restarts next time.
- Restart the pc.
- Wait till the chkdsk checks your drive errors. This may take a long time as it fixes the errors. Also check how to block program in firewall windows 10.
Master Boot Record
- First start your computer using a windows 10 dvd or usb.
- Choose Repair your computer option.
- This is same is the above process.
- Now go to command prompt.
- Type bootrec /fixboot in the command box.
- Press Enter.
- Restart the device and wait till the windows bar opens.
- Now start your computer using a usb or drive.
- Once it is detected select Repair your computer option.
- Till here it is same as the above process.
- Now choose Troubleshoot >> Advanced options >>Automatic Repair >> Next.
- Choose the operating system you want to repair.
- This will change your os errors and fix your windows 10.