In WhatsApp, Understanding cyber-electronic language (which authors such as Biondi and Zapata call “electronal”) requires more effort for some than for others. For this reason, there are tricks to perform each function and shortcuts to make the instant messaging application more bearable.
For example, certain emoji They are more complex to understand than others. There are some, like the one with the heart, that are easy to understand, but others, like the one with the hands, require extra support to reveal their meaning.
YOU CAN SEE: WhatsApp: How to know if a friend deleted you from the application?
Here is a list of what each hand emoji means on WhatsApp:
- Shake hand: This hand can mean a welcome or a farewell. In China, especially through instant messaging applications such as WeChat, users use it to show an unfriendly greeting.
- Vulcan greeting: this greeting is characterized by raising the five fingers of the hand, but separated in the middle. Specifically, the middle and index fingers are separated. It is known as the sign of Spock, a character in the series “Star Trek”.
- Victory hand: It is known as the love and peace greeting, characteristic of the 60s, in which the index and middle fingers are raised.
- Love Gesture: This greeting means “I love you” in American Sign Language. It consists of raising three fingers, made up of the thumb, the index and the little finger.
YOU CAN SEE: WhatsApp: did you know that you can change the font easily and simply?
- Signs of the horns: This greeting is widely used in rock cultural movements. It is similar to the aforementioned gesture of love, but the thumb is hidden, leaving only the index and little fingers visible.
- Hands together: it is the greeting gesture used in Asian cultures which joins the hands and can include a bow.