In the midst of the war between Russia and Ukraine, in recent days, Russians have seen dozens of international brands leave their country’s market in retaliation for the war attack. This is also related to the financial sanctions imposed against Moscow.
Giant corporations from different industries, such as electronics Apple and Samsungin addition to the multinational H&M, stopped operating or closed their stores in Russia, under the command of Vladimir Putin. Also, automobile companies such as volkswagen, Ford and Hyundai decided to paralyze their activities in the world power. the textile Zaraof the Spanish group Inditex, was one of the last to announce the temporary closure of its 502 stores in Russia, as well as its online shopping pages.
The foreign brands that left Russia
These are the main brands that limited their sales or totally stopped their activities in Russia in response to the war waged against Ukraine.
YOU CAN SEE: The Grozny doctrine: what is this strategy that Putin could use in Ukraine?
- Airbnb: ban on renting apartments in Russia
- Ableton: suspension of sales
- Autodesk: stop working for some users
- Cinema 4D: license cancellation
- Nintendo eShop: payment with ruble cards does not work
- Paysera: completion of work
- PlayStation Store: payment with ruble cards does not work
- Steam: payment with ruble cards does not work
- Twitter: account registration ban.
- BBCOne TV license revoked
- Cannes Film Festival: refusal to accept a delegation
- MEGOGO: stop working
- Netflix: stop working on Russian projects
- Paramount: cancellation of film release
- Sony: cancellation of movie release
- Spotify: office closure
- Warner Bros: cancellation of movie releases
- The Walt Disney Company: cancellation of movie releases.
YOU CAN SEE: Vladimir Putin says that Western sanctions “are like a declaration of war”
- ASOS: customer orders are not processed
- Apple Store: closure of the online store
- Burberry: stop shipping to the online store
- Dell – Discontinuation of Dell Branded Devices
- Diageo (Smirnoff, Guinness, etc.): supply stop
- Farfetch: stop delivery
- HP – Device Suspend
- H&M: suspension of sales
- iHerb: stop working
- IKEA: work stoppage
- Jysk: stop working
- LEGO: Cut Supplies
- Handle: sales suspension
- Marks & Spencer: stop deliveries to stores
- Mytheresa: stop the delivery of the products
- Nike: closure of the online store
- Pernod Ricard (Chivas Regal, Jameson, etc.): supply shutdown
- Plzensky Prazdroj, Staropramen, Budejovicky Budvar: supply stop
- Swarovski: closure of the online store
- Yoox: customer orders are not processed.
Automotive and aeronautical sector
- Airbus: suspension of sales and maintenance
- BMW: plant closures and delivery cancellations
- Boeing: suspension of sales and maintenance
- Ford: stop business
- General Motors (Chevrolet, Nexia, Cadillac, Escalade): export suspension
- Harley Davidson: stop deliveries
- Honda: supply cut
- Hyundai: stop production
- Jaguar Land Rover: end of supply
- Mazda: stop deliveries
- Mercedes-Benz: stop production and supply
- Porsche: stop deliveries
- Renault: stop production
- Scania: stop business
- Toyota (including Lexus): production and supply interruption
- Volkswagen (Audi, Bentley, Ducati, Lamborghini, Skoda, Volkswagen): stop deliveries
- Volvo Cars: stop business.
- American Express: work stoppage
- Apple Pay: blocked in banks that fell under sanctions
- Google Pay: blocked in banks that fell under sanctions
- MasterCard: ban on the issuance of new cards in banks that have been sanctioned
- PayPal: ban on registration of new users
- Samsung pay: blocked in banks subject to sanctions
- SWIFT: on March 12 it will close in banks that fell under European sanctions
- Visa: ban on the issuance of new cards in banks that have been sanctioned
- Western Union: termination of work with banks that fell under sanctions.
YOU CAN SEE: Zelensky lashes out at NATO: “The death of all people will also be his fault”
- Euroleague basketball: suspension of all clubs from tournaments
- International Basketball Federation: ban on the participation of the national team in tournaments
- International Volleyball Federation: postponement of the 2022 World Cup
- International Ice Hockey Federation: suspension of the ice hockey team from international matches
- NHL: rupture of commercial relations with Russia
- Adidas: refusal to work with the Russian football union
- FIFA and UEFA: suspension of the football team and all clubs from participation in tournaments
- Formula 1: cancellation of the Sochi Grand Prix.
- Intel: suspension of deliveries
- Ericsson: suspension of deliveries
- Nokia: deliveries stopped
- Panasonic: stop marketing
- OneWeb: refusal to launch satellites from Baikonur
- Oracle: stop business
- SAP: commercial stop
- Siemens: suspension of deliveries.