Netflix allows its users’ accounts to have multiple profiles, this has caused many to decide to get together with other people (partner, friends, relatives, etc.) so that the payment is lower. The problem is that anyone involved could enter your profile and find out what series or movie you are watching. Is there any way to avoid it?
You may not know it, but this famous streaming platform has an option that allows users to put a password on their profile. In this way, a stranger will not be able to enter, since they will need to type the correct password. At the moment, this function can only be activated from a PC, you will not be able to enable it through a cell phone or Smart TV.
YOU CAN SEE: Is it possible to review a USB memory from your smartphone? Here we show you a trick
How to put a password on your Netflix profile?
1. Open Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox or your favorite browser. Then go to the official Netflix page and log in.
2. Log in to your account and select the option ‘Profiles and parental controls‘.
3. All the profiles that were created in that account will appear
4. Find yours and you will see an arrow pointing down.
5. Select it and the option ‘profile lock‘.
6. You will need to sign in again for Netflix to verify that you own the account.
7. Finally, it will ask you to enter a four-digit password.
That would be all. Now every time you access your Netflix profile (from a PC, laptop, Smart TV, tablet or cell phone) you will have to enter that security key. In case you forget it, you can enter the section Did you forget your PIN? and reset it.