YouTube is one of the favorite applications to watch videos of all kinds on the web. However, most users unaware that the platform count with one simple trick that has gone viral on social networks and that allows us to watch videos in a floating window in a pc or laptop. That is to say, we will be able to continue seeing content, while we navigate in Google Chrome or other pages. How to do it? Here we explain it to you.
Although YouTube in its web version has a mode Picture-in-Picture, this is only available on the same page of the application, so when you change the website the video stops appearing. Therefore, it is necessary to resort to other methods that will allow us to do so.
Step by step to watch YouTube videos in floating windows
The first method to watch YouTube videos in floating windows does not need any strange program, since it is a functionality of the browser Google Chrome. Follow these steps to do it:
- We enter YouTube from Google Chrome and start playing the video that interests us.
- Now we click with the right mouse button on the player.
- The first time we right-click, a YouTube menu will be displayed, but if we right-click again, the Google Chrome context menu will appear.
- Then we must find where it says Screen on Screen. As soon as we click on it, we will see that the video will pause in the main window of Chrome and a floating window will automatically open where the video begins to play.
YOU CAN SEE: YouTube imitates Facebook and Instagram and begins to test its own reactions
However, it is not the only trick we have in the web version of Youtube to watch videos in a floating window, since there is also a Google Chrome extension that allows us to achieve it. Follow these instructions:
- Download the Google Chrome extension called Picture-in-Picture.
- When we have installed the extension, the extension icon will appear in the upper right part of Chrome, where we have the rest of the extensions.
- To get a video to be seen in the floating window, we just have to put the video in Google Chrome, either from YouTube or local.
- Then click on the extension icon.
- A tab will automatically open at the bottom right where we will see the video we have selected.