In recent years, WhatsApp He has been working hard to improve his platformboth in the concept and design that is innovating as messaging appas well as in the functions that can be replicated from other social media.
One of the elements that have attracted the most attention is the star that appears in some messageswhich has a meaning that many of the community unknown, since it is practically something new. on this note We will explain what it is, what it is for and how you can apply it.
Why do some messages have a star and what does it mean?
This badge signifies a quoted or differentiated that is given to important messages; This makes it possible for users to have a complete record of that valuable content for them, since it can be marked both in text messages, as well as in files, documents, photos, videos, stickers and more.
YOU CAN SEE: WhatsApp: how to know how many times your status was seen? What you need to understand before
In short, it is to highlight the messages that one considers relevant, which can be located more quickly, as well as can be saved as a reminder. If you want to apply this star, follow the steps below:
- The first thing you should do is start WhatsApp from your Android or iOS mobile device
- Then simply press the message you want to star for more than two seconds
- Subsequently, a pop-up menu will appear at the top with several options
- You must choose the one that is represented with a star, precisely between the reply button and the delete button
- Finally, you will see that the new characteristic badge will appear in the selected message
- And ready. To access the list with all the starred messages, you will have to enter the contact’s profile and look for the Starred messages section.
Remember that when you want to remove the star from a message, you just have to follow the same steps and click on the star that will now have a diagonal line in the middle. In case you want a video tutorial to be able to apply these calls, watch the following video:
Why you should not download WhatsApp Plus?
We have already told you, on different occasions, about the risks of WhatsApp Plus, which, despite its benefits, can cause your application account to be banned and deleted forever.
Applications not authorized by WhatsApp can be detected by Meta servers, and to the bad reputation of these third-party apps. The risk is much more than we think.
These applications need special permissions to provide what they offer, permissions that we will accept just by installing them. This can lead to a high risk for our security, despite the fact that WhatsApp has end-to-end encryption.
So now you know, if you ever feel tempted to try the many features of WhatsApp Plus, GB WhatsApp or some other, think twice. Not worth it.