Although technology advances day by day to improve the user experience, many times it can generate the opposite. For example, spam is harmful. Also known as digital garbage, they are unnecessary emails or messages that reach our personal accounts and deliver unsolicited communications that are sent massively over the Internet or through other electronic messaging systems.
If you thought that spam was only based on phone calls with unknown numbers, you were wrong, because now it is also possible for us to receive messages through WhatsApp.
YOU CAN SEE: What to do if my WhatsApp account number is suspended?
However, there is a method of the Meta application that will help us prevent these messages from continuing to arrive and filling our memory with texts or images that are useless.
The best thing is that to run it you won’t need to make any payment for the purchase of an application, since it is a completely native trick, which can be used by people who use Android or iOS. Next, we leave you the step by step for each operating system.
How to remove WhatsApp spam on Android devices?
- First, you will have to open WhatsApp and enter the chat that constantly spams you
- Now, press the three vertical points that are in the upper right corner
- Within the options that appear, there is the one that says ‘More’, click on it
- Now, decide which of the following you want to use: ‘Report’ or ‘Block’.
How to remove WhatsApp spam on iOS devices?
- Enter the conversation that sends spam
- Then click on the profile picture to access the chat settings
- Scroll the space bar towards the end until you find the options: ‘Report contact’ or ‘Block contact’