Much is said about WhatsApp when we refer to the capacity that this instant messaging app can occupy. Admittedly, the Meta app itself doesn’t take up much space; however, the problem occurs when we receive documents, photos and videos from other people or from certain groups. This circumstance can be very harmful in the long run, since it saturates the memory of our phone and slows down the usefulness of the application itself. That is why in this note we will explain step by step so that you can avoid these complications.
The best thing is that this trick is useful for iOS users as well as Android users. As if that were not enough, it will not require the download of a third-party application. Without further ado, here are the steps.
YOU CAN SEE: WhatsApp: what is the meaning of the avocado emoji and when should you use it?
How to disable automatic download of files in WhatsApp?
1. Enter the WhatsApp settings and search for storage and data
2. Scroll down to the automatic download section and you will see that it is divided into two options (download with mobile data and download with Wi-Fi)
3. Both are activated by default, you will have to enter each of them and disable the automatic download of photos, audios, videos and documents.
In this way, every time a friend or member of a WhatsApp group sends a file, it will not be automatically downloaded to your cell phone, but rather you can decide whether you want to view it or not.
How to disable the visibility of multimedia files in WhatsApp?
1. Go back to WhatsApp settings and press chats
2. In the chat settings section you will see the option visibility of multimedia files
3. It will be activated by default, you have to disable it.
That would be all. Now the multimedia files of WhatsApp will not only not be automatically downloaded to your cell phone, but those that you decide to download will not appear in the gallery of your smartphone.