Many times the messaging application has bugs or errors in the system that limit us to perform certain actions. When this happens and the problem is massive, WhatsApp always look to fix it with an app update as soon as possible. You may have tried to download a photo or video and received the message “download failed: the download could not be completed”. Therefore, here we bring you the steps so that you can fix these small errors and thus have a better experience with the Meta application.
How to re-download files in WhatsApp 2022
To fix this error with whatsapp file download in Android there are some practical solutions. Here we will detail them:
YOU CAN SEE: WhatsApp: Would you like to hide your statuses from certain friends without blocking them? here the trick
- Go to settings and then to the applications panel.
- Search for WhatsApp and access the app.
- Click on the permissions option.
- Make sure that the option files and media content is activated (in some models it appears as storage space).
- Open Google Files on your cell phone.
- Go to the internal storage section.
- Find the WhatsApp folder. In some cases you will see it when accessing the section and in others you will have to go to Android > media > com.whatsapp.
- Click on the three dots on the side and select rename
- Rename the folder to WhatsApp1 (you can use any other number)
- Go back to WhatsApp. At that point you should be able to download various files such as photos, videos, and documents again.
- If there are photos and videos that do not appear, enter WhatsApp1 again and copy all the internal folders to the normal WhatsApp folder. So you can see them again.
The third solution is somewhat more extreme and requires uninstall the program to reinstall it. In this case, it will be essential that you save your information previously with a backup copy. If this still does not solve the problem, pay attention to the indications that we will give next.
YOU CAN SEE: Do you suspect that you were blocked from WhatsApp? A trick lets you find out
With these options you can solve download problems in your chat; however, you should keep in mind that many times these inconveniences occur due to other external factors, such as a weak internet connection, misconfigured date and time, and problems with the SD card. That is why it is important that you be aware of all these possibilities to avoid difficulties.