did you see the ‘i’ icon in your WhatsApp chats? This function, which appears in a lead circle, provides information about the lifetime of a message. It serves as a call made by the Meta instant messaging application and that you must take into account during your conversations.
This feature of WhatsApp works only when you activate it and allows you to set the lifetime of your messages. Below are the details of this option.
What does the letter ‘i’ mean in WhatsApp?
The ‘i’ icon It is part of the news of the WhatsApp patches. We explain it to you:
- The ‘i’ is turned on when the person we’re talking to has set their messages to self-destruct or delete in 24 hours.
- The ‘i’ is used when you activate a temporary time for WhatsApp messages, but your recipient will not have it if they use an old version of the app.
- To activate it, your version of WhatsApp must be the most recent, the same version that you can update on Android or iPhone from Google Play or iOS Store.
YOU CAN SEE: WhatsApp: the most common mistakes you should avoid to avoid falling for scams.
What are temporary messages on WhatsApp?
The letter ‘i icon‘ is a notice that WhatsApp decided to implement in its chats to warn the receiver and sender that their message will be deleted in a certain time.
That is, when you activate it, you can set the messages to disappear in 24 hours, seven days or 90 days after being sent.
This message self-destruction feature on WhatsApp has been available since November 2020. It is also known that behind these privacy options lies the idea that it is the user who must decide how long a message should exist.
How to activate temporary messages?
- You must update WhatsApp to its latest version, a patch that is available on iOS and Android
- Then open your WhatsApp
- Later, select the ‘settings’ option of the app
- Go to ‘privacy’ and see if they are disabled
- Finally, activate the option of ‘temporary messages’ according to the time that you think is convenient.
YOU CAN SEE: WhatsApp Web: why does the QR code not load and how to fix it?
Why does a clock appear on WhatsApp?
The circle in the shape of a clock that appears next to your WhatsApp message means that your message has not been sent. Usually, it’s because you’re offline, so when you get your signal back, the message will be sent to your recipient without a hitch.
This icon can also occur if you have activated the airplane mode of your cell phone. If it was by mistake, no problem. You just have to reactivate the general or “normal” mode of your cell phone.