When it’s time to shut down your computer, thousands of Windows 11 users, Windows 10among other operating systems microsoft older, they usually see that the options ‘To turn off‘ and ‘Restart‘ they are not alone. In some laptops or PCs, two additional buttons are usually added, which, despite being quite useful, are not widely used. We refer to ‘Lay off‘e’Hibernate‘. Do you know what they are for? Here we are going to teach you.
The first Windows developed by Microsoft only showed the options to shut down and restart; However, the years passed and the company founded by Bill Gates decided to implement two additional buttons. Sleep, which was available on both desktop PCs and laptops, and hibernate, which is more commonly seen on laptops.
YOU CAN SEE: WhatsApp: would you like to learn the secret trick to activate the app’s ‘secret camera’?
- 1 What are the ‘sleep’ and ‘hibernate’ buttons for?
- 2 Windows 11: what happens if you press the ‘Windows’, ‘Shift’, and S keys on a PC or laptop?
- 3 Windows 11: how to record all actions without downloading programs?
- 4 Windows 11: quick and easy guide to split the screen of our computer
- 5 Google Play Games: Android games are coming to Windows 11
- 6 Windows 11 causes performance issues on some NVMe SSDs
As detailed by Microsoft on its technical support page, the Windows ‘sleep’ button will cause your computer to ‘turn off’, but not completely, but rather it will enter a kind of ‘standby mode’ where it will consume little energy.
Since your computer won’t be completely off, it will be much quicker to turn it on, and the best thing is that all the windows or programs you left open before you hit the ‘sleep’ button will be just as you left them.
The Windows ‘hibernate’ button, on the other hand, fulfills a fairly similar function; however, it is only available on laptops. They will enter a sleep mode (as if it were turned off), but will continue to consume a minimal amount of energy (less than sleep)
On its official website, Microsoft recommends using the ‘hibernate’ button when you won’t be using your laptop for a long time. Once you decide to turn it back on, all the files and windows you left open will appear the same.
On some laptops the ‘hibernate’ option does not appear. To activate it, simply enter the following path: settings> system> start/stop and sleep and finally additional power settings.
YOU CAN SEE: Did you run out of space because of WhatsApp? So you can find out the heaviest chats
Windows 11: what happens if you press the ‘Windows’, ‘Shift’, and S keys on a PC or laptop?
Most people who take screenshots in Windows 10 need to press the ‘Print Screen‘ and then open an image editor like Photoshop or painting to save the image. You may not know it, but there is a much easier way to do this that few know about.
If we press the keys ‘Windows‘, ‘Shift‘ and ‘yes‘ in Windows 10 a small toolbox will appear at the top of our laptop or pc. Thanks to this function we can make 4 different types of screenshots.
YOU CAN SEE: WhatsApp: so you can make the Spider-Man theme sound when you have a new message
Windows 11: how to record all actions without downloading programs?
Follow these steps to record all your actions automatically.
– Search “Recording of user actions” in the start menu or press Ctrl + R (Run command), type “psr” and hit Enter.
– Open the program and click on the option “start recording”
– Follow all the steps you want to register.
– When you have completed all, click on “stop recording”
– The file with all the captures will be in ZIP format. Give it a name and save it.
– Unzip the file and you will see an MHTML type document, open it with your browser and you will see all the steps explained as in a tutorial.
YOU CAN SEE: How to convert a Word document to PDF on your PC or cell phone without installing strange apps?
Windows 11: quick and easy guide to split the screen of our computer
- First, you must move the mouse pointer, without clicking, over the full screen button that appears in the upper right corner of any Windows window.
- Afterwards, a pop-up will appear with different split screen layouts, giving you the option to split the screen with room for two, three or four apps.
- Then you will have to click on the one that best suits us and the system will display the highlighted design so that you can see where you are going to place each of the windows or applications.
- In each available slot, you will be prompted to choose what you want to place in it. For the rest, everything will depend on your way of organizing and personal tastes for your screen.
- And ready. Finally, you can drag the borders between the apps to change the sizes of the split screen dividers by holding down the dividing line.
YOU CAN SEE: What do the colors and shapes of WhatsApp hearts mean?
Google Play Games: Android games are coming to Windows 11
Google executives have reported that their new project can be used on various devices, such as tablets, laptops and PCs desktop with Windows 11 and Windows 10 operating systems.
Despite the fact that Microsoft confirmed that Windows 11 would bring new main functions to run Android applications, Google affirms that its app will not require any integration or special function, since it can also be used in Windows 10.
Among the most notable features of Google PlayGames there is the option to resume games between all devices, which will allow the player to continue their game on multiple computers.
YOU CAN SEE: Facebook: know the trick to hide the ‘add’ button of your profile to strangers
Windows 11 causes performance issues on some NVMe SSDs
Some people who have installed Windows 11 on their PC report that the random performance of their NVMe SSDs was reduced quite significantly. The issue most often affects random write speed, which can be 2-4 times slower than it used to be before the update. This does not appear to be a problem with a specific drive as it affects multiple manufacturers.
Interestingly, some users report that the issue only affects the drive Windows 11 is installed on, a second SSD on the same machine runs at full speed. Also, sequential read and write speeds are generally not affected.
This issue wasn’t discovered recently, posts started appearing on Reddit at least three months ago, when Windows 11 was still in beta. In one of them, a Microsoft employee confirmed that the team is aware of the problem and is investigating its cause.
The source of the problem has not yet been clearly identified, but some possible causes have emerged. One of the things that users initially pointed out was that Virtualization Based Security (VBS) makes the performance of the SSD fall. While a more recent discovery suggests that the problem has to do with the drive that contains the installation of Windows 11.