Instagram has become our favorite social network to share everyday life, memes and funny videos. However, it can also happen that we want to get away from this platform for a while, either for health reasons or because we are simply going to take a break. In this sense, you should know that it is not necessary to eliminate it, since you can temporarily deactivate it. How to do it?
Thanks to this Instagram option you can temporarily absent yourself from the platform, that is, when you think it is necessary. When you return to the social network, you will be able to see that you have not lost any of the content that you had published and that your number of followers is maintained.
YOU CAN SEE: Instagram: how to access the app’s ‘secret menu’ with just one action?
How to deactivate my Instagram account?
To temporarily deactivate your Instagram account you can use both your mobile phone and a PC. Both methods can be done from the browser, then you must do the following:
- Go to your PC browser
- Go to Instagram and log in with your account
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner
- In the options menu that appears, click on ‘Profile’
- Within your profile, click on the ‘Edit profile’ option, which appears to the right of your username
- Scroll down the page and click ‘Temporarily disable my account’
- Indicate why you want to deactivate it and enter the password
- Finally, click on ‘Temporarily disable account’.
After doing this process on Instagram, your photos, comments and likes will be hidden until you decide to reactivate your account, something that will be done automatically by logging in again. Also, when you are ready to return to Instagram, you just have to log in with your account.
YOU CAN SEE: Instagram tests changes in the way in which the contents of the hashtags are displayed
Step by step to find an old Instagram story
This simple method of the social network does not require the installation of strange applications, but we only have to enter our profile and do the following:
- Click on the icon of your Instagram profile picture
- Click on the three horizontal points located in the upper left
- Click on ‘Files’ and you will be able to see all the ones you have uploaded since you opened your Instagram account.
- To locate it more quickly you can click on the calendar icon.