Apple Pay arrives in Peru after eight years of its official launch. This free service that users can access through an iPhone or Apple Watch will allow people to register their credit or debit cards from certain banks to make payments, transfers or remittances without the need to use cash or a physical card.
In this way, Apple, in collaboration with master card and Niubizseeks to encourage digital payment in Peru in order to provide a much easier and faster transfer experience, as well as a safe and private one for users.
YOU CAN SEE: WhatsApp: learn to send audios with the voice of Bart Simpson from any smartphone
It is important to note that users should not download external applications on their iPhone or Apple Watchsince credit or debit cards must be added to the app Wallet, which is already pre-installed on these devices, and from there make contactless payments by bringing the mobile device closer to the POS.
Banks compatible with Apple Pay in Peru
For this first stage of launching ApplePay In national territory, people will be able to register their debit or credit cards from Interbank, Scotiabank, BBVA and BCP banks.
How is Apple Pay used and what devices are compatible with the service?
It is important to mention that the compatible equipment is from the Iphone 6 onwards, and transactions can be made with iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. In addition, when making each purchase with ApplePayit will be authenticated using Face ID, Touch ID or device access code, or a unique dynamic security code for each transaction.
YOU CAN SEE: iOS 15.4 arrives to surprise us with Face ID with a mask and much more
How do I add my credit or debit card to Wallet to use Apple Pay?
To use this free service, you just have to register the card of the bank to which you are affiliated and follow these steps:
- If your iPhone has Face ID, double-click the side button. Authenticate with Face ID or enter your code
- If your iPhone has Touch ID, place your finger on the Touch ID sensor
- To use another card, click on the one you have defined as default to see the rest of the cards, click on another and authenticate.
- Finally, to pay you just have to hold the top of the iPhone near the contactless reader (POS) until you see OK and a check mark on the screen.
To pay with Apple Watch
- Double press the side button
- Your default card will open automatically. Scroll down to select another card
- Hold the Apple Watch screen close to the contactless (POS) reader until you feel a light touch and hear a beep.