WhatsApp, the messaging application for Android and iOS, is definitely the platform of its kind with the highest adoption worldwide. Much of her fame is due to the many gimmicks that exist for her; however, the advantages of this app are greater if we know how to use other tools, like this one that will allow you automatically translate any text you write, to the language you want and in real time, while you write it. Sound interesting to you? Here we teach you how to do it.
The uses of this method that we will show you below can be diverse. It would be very useful if you usually have contact with people from abroad for work reasons or for a special occasion such as a trip.
It can also help you a lot practice a new languagesince you yourself will be the one to continue writing what you want to say, with the added bonus that you will see an active, immediate translation and always trying to maintain the meaning of your sentences.
YOU CAN SEE: WhatsApp: do you know how to activate the ‘secret camera’ of the app and what you can use it for?
Now, we must clarify that the translator that we will recommend is not perfect, but it is definitely one of the best options on the web, at least free. Even so, it is preferable that you use the tool with simple sentences, if you intend to obtain a clear and meaningful text.
How to automatically translate what I write on WhatsApp?
For this trick we will use one of the most powerful tools of any Android phone, and fortunately it is also available on iOS. We refer to google keyboardbetter known as gboard. This has a native function to translate your text that you can use both in WhatsApp and in any phone app, such as Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, Telegrametc.
To set it up, just follow these steps:
- Download Gboard from the Play Store or the App Store depending on your platform.
- Set the Gboard keyboard in your system settings to be the default to use for each app.
- Once done, go to WhatsApp and get ready to write your text.
- On the Gboard keyboard that’s already active, focus on the top options bar and tap the circle with the right arrow in the top left (if it’s already pointing left, skip this step).
- Click on the three ellipses next to the microphone icon on the right side.
- Click on the function translate.
- A small translation panel will appear above the keyboard from where you can select which language you want to translate your text into.
- If you want, for example, to write in Spanish and have the text appear in French, you must set Spanish on the left and French on the right.
- That’s it. Now you just have to write as usual and the application will do the rest.
You should keep in mind that this trick uses the Google Translation, so everything you write will end up being sent to the company’s servers. Our recommendation is that you don’t use this feature for anything too private.