Before discussing how to connect ps4 to laptop? Yes, we can connect the PS4 to the Laptop using the laptop HDMI port to the plugin into your and enjoy the gaming. In order to play your PS4 games through the laptop, there are a couple of things that you need to do.
The PS4 in detail Play station 4 developed by Sony Computer Entertainment, is a home video game console, where you can play the games only at home in front of your TV. Over the Playstation3 the console controller was redesigned and improved with buttons and analog sticks, and an integrated touchpad among other changes.
In this technology world, we are grateful to the New technologies. Now you can connect the play station4 (PS4) to your laptop as well. In this, let us know how to connect ps4 to laptop as well.
How to Connect PS4 to Laptop
As we don’t know how to connect PS4 to laptop looks like a difficult task for converting the laptop screen into the gameplay. let us discuss how to connect the PS4 controller to the laptop, in a procedural.
Unlike the TV, tablets, and Smartphones. Play station4 can only be played when you are at home in front of the TV. What will you do, if sony has taken your demand and make it available to play the playstaion4 and its game on your phone and Laptop? yeah, what you have heard is absolutely right, mow you can play the Playstation4 on your laptop or even on your mobile.
Ways to Play PS4 with the HDMI on Laptop
In this article, we discuss two different methods how to connect PS4 to laptop with HDMI, with some additional points on how to perform this task easily. Here we will discuss how to convert the laptop into the screen of PS4 gameplay.
Via Video Captured Code
You can play PS4 gameplay on the laptop screen with the HDMI by using the video captured card. It’s not hard for the game players to play the game on a laptop or LCD Tv. Cardmaking laptop screen enabled for playing PS4 with HDMI, via Video Captured Code is quite easy. Follow the below-given steps to do so and below are the requirements needed for this.
- Video Captured Card
- File shared Enabled
- HDMI cable
If you have the above-given requirements, then follow the given below steps one after the another.
Check all the Connections
- Navigate to the settings in the PS4 menu and then to the network settings, for enabling file sharing.
- Open the internet connection and check if the internet connection and make sure it is connected.
- you can connect the PS4 and the Laptop to the same router with the help of the Ethernal Cables, in case if you don’t have a wi-fi connection.
- Now, can stream the game on your laptop.
Install the Software
- via., USB port connects the Video Captured Card should be of high quality. This will also constitute a combined S-video Connection.
- For the Correct functioning of the card correctly, install the software that comes with the Video Card.
- Do make sure that the video capture is of high quality.
Connect the HDMI and PS4 to Capture
In this step, we will connect the PS4 console with the captured card. You need an S-video connection cable, for attaching the video card with the PS4. THen you have to attach the HDMI-IN to the Capture card and the HDMI-OUT on the PS4.
Open and Run the Software
Now, the application software comes with the Capture card and power up your PS4. Then the software will look for the PS4 and will show it on the laptop screen. For Full resolution, ensure that the application is in Full-screen mode. After Completion of the process successfully and then Run the software.
You will be able to configure your laptop to stream the gameplay from the PS4 with ease and speed, with the above-given steps. It could be a little bit expensive, for enabling the laptop screen to fit the play PS4with the HDMI. If you are concerned about its expensive, then here is another way given below.
Capture the PS4 Game by the Built-In Recording Function
When the gameplay saves to the laptop’s system, you may capture the PS4 game with its own built-in recording function. Start the game whatever you want to record and by pressing the share button on the controller enter the share page.
- First, head the share setting, and then to the broadcast setting and uncheck the “include microphone audio in the broadcast”. For the recording gameplay, record your voice.
- Now, start the game that you would like to record.
- This technique of playing PS4 on the laptop screen without the video capture card but with the HDMI will be cheaper as well as quite beneficial
You can easily stream the game on your Laptop screen, by using a built-in function and some considerate techniques that I mentioned above.
OBS Recording Software
For high convenient features, professionalism, and advancement, as it is often used by professionals, you can think of the OBS. As someone could think, to capture or access OBS is easy, Learn how to do it.
- Install PS4 remote play and connect it to your PS4.
- Now, open the OBS and head to open to add the menu.
- From there choose the Window Capture Option.
- For starting the Capturing PS4 gameplay, click on OK.
By making the changes in the settings, open the broadcaster software will let the user avail all sorts of customized recording. The capturing pS4 games by the built-in recording function and the OBS recording are cheaper and have high-quality sources and the techniques for recording the gameplay on the PS4 on the laptop screen.
Try to go for the options that meet all your need and requirements. The above-given methods are easy and quick and won’t let your effort more on the Captured card.
Via Remote Play
You can stream the PS4 gameplay on a Mac or a Windows Laptop with the help of Remote Play, which gives you the control. However, you can enjoy Play station4 gaming as you’re connected remotely to your PS4system with the help of this Application. You need the following for the Remote play to work.
- PS4 System.
- USB cable.
- An account on the Playstation Network.
- High-speed internet connection.
Those are the requirements that you need for the remote play to work. Follow the given steps to set up the remote play on your Laptop screen. Try given below steps one after the another to do so.
If you would like to stream it on your Laptop, you need to have an LCD or the Screen at the hand to set up your PS4 for the Remote Play. And you have to make some changes in the settings inside the PS4 system.
Download the App
Download the latest version App for your laptop either for windows or Mac, visit the Sony Remote Play App Website. You can stream the gameplay on the Laptop screen, through this App. Run the installer to start the installation process.
If you have more than one Play station 4 at your home then you need to follow Step2. Otherwise, skip 2 and try step3.
Enable and Update the PS4
To know how to connect ps4 to laptop, Now you need to make the PS4 for connection. You need to activate any one of your PS4 as the Primary Console if you have more than one PS4 in your house.
- To do that turn on your PS4, now navigate to Settings, and then head to the Play Station Network.
- In Account Management, where you need to find the Activate as Primary PS4 and enable it.
If you didn’t update then you have to update your PS4 software to the 3.50. To update your System software, Head to the settings and then to the system software update to manually download the latest Update.
Enable your Remote Play Option
In this step, you need to enable the Remote Play Option in the PS4 settings. For that, you have to navigate to the settings and check if the Remote play is enabled or not. The Ps4 Should be power on or the Rest mode is to be activated, which allows you to access the games through the network.
Turning on the PS4 from the Network
Rest mode is enabled by default, but you need to check if it is activated or deactivated. For this, you need to navigate to the settings, and then head to the power saving settings. Now, set the features which are available in the rest mode.
Now, enable the feature to be able to stream the PS4 on your Laptop if it isn’t enabled, with this you can know how to connect ps4 to laptop.
Set all Settings
You have to transfer from the Remote Play App on to the Laptop, after tweaking the things up in the PS4. On the right corner of the App, you will found the Settings option. You need to set the settings like the resolution frames per second. It usually sets to 720p because of the higher resolution, you can set the resolution to 1080p. You would need the PS4 Pro and High Power Laptop.
You can choose from the Standard to high frame rates, while on the frame rate. With high, you will get the 60fps, which os pretty dope and will consume lot of networks. So, you need to keep this aspect in your mind.
Connecting the DualShock Controller
You can Utilise the USB cable or the Dual Shock Wireless USB adaptor to hook up the Controller to your Laptop. Follow the given below steps to connect to the wireless Controller and know how to connect ps4 to laptop.
- Till the light bars starts flashing on the controller, first hold down share and circular PlayStation buttons on your controller.
- Plugin the USB cable, into your laptop and then hold it in a pushing position for atleast 3-4 seconds and your device will be paired.
Search for PS4 Network
- On the laptop, you will see a start option in your remote play app. When you click on the start button, you will be prompted to log in to your PlayStation.
- In the Network, the App will search for the First Ps4 and will take it to the PS4 home screen.
- This is the Console that is being streamed on your Laptop.
- Moreover, for chatting and text you can also use your laptop’s Mic and keyboard.
Powering Off from Remote Playmode
- On the DUALSHOCK 4 Controller, you have to press down the Playstation button, if you would like to power off the PS4.
- Then navigate to the power settings and enter the Reset Mode.
- This will sleep your PS4 and terminates the Connection Stream.
- If have completed the above method, the PS4 laptop screen will be accessible through the remote play method.
The above method guides how to connect ps4 to laptop HDMI or how to connect ps4 to laptop. Hope you find this article helpful, if you have any doubts feel free to text us in the comment section and stay tuned for more updates.